My Right Now Obsession

My obsession of the moment.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Glitter Explosion

I'm ashamed to admit I usually try to stay away from glitter due to the effort it takes to take it off. Being that I change my nails daily, it becomes a hassle. I saw a post by Mandy in Adventures in Stamping the other day and not only did I need to try her manicure out, I needed to buy the same brand glitter polish to do it too! Luckily with the Sally's Beauty Supply clearance deal going on right now, I picked up a teal shimmery Finger Paints polish that worked perfect as a base to fill in the bare spots under the glitter.



Here's the closeup of the finished product with BM-320 over the top.



This picture is in natural light. The rest were taken inside with a mix of lighting. It looks way toned down with the stamp over the top. Below are the pictures that show just how ridiculously packed on the glitter is!


This was 2 coats and then a lot of strategic placement of Teal Jewel FX by Milani.


I thought the glitter looked absolutely gorgeous, but I really needed the stamp because flashy blinding blue glitter isn't something I feel like I can pull off on a regular day.


Finger Paints - Late Night Rendezvous
Milani Jewel FX - Teal
Wet n Wild - Black Creme
Seche Vite - topcoat
BM - 320

No comments:

Post a Comment