My Right Now Obsession

My obsession of the moment.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Gold Vein

I was trying to achieve the look of an actual vein of gold:




I wanted a shimmery peach color, but I didn't have it so I had to do some layering to get the color I wanted. Sorry I should have used a flash to get the color to show better. For the gold I painted gold polish on a small piece of a crumpled up sandwich bag and patted it on.


I used Milani Metallic Mango for the base and did a very sheer layer of SH Lavender Marquis which toned down the orange to give it a shimmery peach color. For the gold, I used Immortal Gold by JLB Cosmetics with, of course, a Seche Vite topcoat. 


The gold came in a pack of 7 metallics that work beautifully for painting a full nail or stamping. I've found 2 different packs of 7 colors at Ross for $5.99 each. They're the most pigmented and smooth polishes and I wish I could get more without having to stop in Ross randomly. The only downside is the metallics and glitters smell awful, but it's definitely worth it for the end result.



No comments:

Post a Comment